Ageing seems as a horrified phase to everyone. As a human born he passes through various stages of life which is infancy, childhood, the cheerful peak stage of life “the adulthood” and then he gradually proceeds to old age. Ageing is process of being old when our biological functions become less active and we become weak and fragile. Everyone wants to live a long happy life but the rules of nature are static we have to bow before them because nobody can avert the decree of fate. It’s a universal truth that one who born must die. Scientists are still trying their hard to find out the logic reasons behind ageing. It is found that no one can stop the process of ageing but we can delay it by having a healthy nutritious diet which is rich in antioxidant and skin healthy compounds. Below is given a list of anti-ageing foods which reduces the damage by free radicals and protects the function of your body.
Anti Ageing Foods:
- Blueberries are highly rich source of antioxidants and phytochemicals which reduce cell damage and promotes the growth of new cells.
- Almonds have an essential mineral called magnesium which keep a good blood flow thus they play an important role to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Additionaly, applying the paste of almonds on skin acts as scrub which wash out all impurities.
- Tomatoes are also rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals which helps to fight against ageing. Fresh raw tomatoes contain vitamin-C which is good for skin health.
- Flax-seeds contain omega-3 fatty acid which fights inflammation and tightens the skin.
- Spinach also delays the process of ageing as it is rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals which reduce cell damage.
- Red beans are rich in fiber and protein plus low in fat, also they are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which slow down ageing process and maintains a healthy weight.
- Salmon fish is a treasure of omega-3 fatty acid which is a skin friendly ingredient.
- Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria (probiotics) which are good for gut health. They help in reducing the inflammation of gut and also aids in digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Turmeric is known to reduce wrinkles.
- Garlic is fully loaded with anti-inflammatory compounds and a unique compound called allicin, this is only found in garlic. It is preventive against hypertension and heart strokes.
- Dark chocolate has anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally it contains cocoa flavanol, an antioxidant found only in dark chocolate and has the ability to reverse mental ageing.