When it comes to students, particularly a student’s health, they usually don’t realize the harm they are offering to their bodies internally. This is because; at a younger age your body has more capacity to compensate deficiencies and you might ignore them because of good immunity or will power you have at that certain age. Better be safe than sorry, this carelessness can put burden on your health later in life.
Students can maintain good health while enjoying the charm of his age. Following are some practical and worthy tips to keep you healthy besides your socially active and professionally hectic life.
- Eat with enjoyment: Don’t eat for the sake of eating. Enjoy and cherish your food. Try new healthy combinations or make your own.
- Food doesn’t fight stress: Munching unhealthy snacks during stress does not help you combating stress, instead you should take a break, refresh yourself to lower your stress.
- Go low on caffeine intake: Coffee and tea are two all-time favorites of adults. Try not to drink more than 2 cups daily otherwise; it may affect your body’s calcium stores.
- Spend time with yourself: Give yourself a quality time. Meditate, exercise, read book, listen to good music so that you feel contented and happy from within.
- Your meals are important: Do not skip your meals like breakfast, lunch and dinner. Skipping any of meal could have long term effects on your health.
- Hydration is the key: Drink plenty of water daily. Hydration is important to keep internal metabolisms in pace and is good for your skin too.
- Unhealthy snacking is ruinous: Go for healthy, handy and nutritious snacking items. Replace unhealthy items with their healthy counterparts so that you can enjoy the taste and healthy lifestyle together.
- Limit sugary and carbonated beverages: Limit the intake of sugary and processed fruit drinks and other beverages. Firstly cut down on quantity and gradually on number of drinks too.
- Take a break from your phones and tabs: Students are now giving their bodies a load of oxidative stress through unnecessary use of phones/tabs. Try to be a part of outdoor world physically not by just seeing it through your screens.
- Be conscious about fast food & fried food: Fast food is considered convenient by students these days. But try to make little efforts for yourself and make your own healthy food. The fruit of these efforts done by you for yourself would be seen later in life.
- Eat together: It’s easy to accept a change when you’re not the only one who’s doing it. Encourage your friends too for a healthy eating and eat together.